Thursday, June 14, 2012

Mascarpone Lemon Pepper Pasta


I'm a HUGE fan of Trader Joes. I am not sure if you have one near you, but it is the best small grocery store ever! At least I think so. :D It has affordable organic and natural products along with delicious items that you can't find anywhere else. Plus, everyone who works there is super friendly, helpful, and happy. I originally only shopped there every time I went to my sister's house, since it is on the way and 20 miles from my house. But now it is my main grocery store. They have 7 so far in ATL/Metro ATL, but I am hoping that they'll make more, and maybe one closer to me!
I've started making a few dinner staples from things I get there and below is one of them. I am obsessed with their lemon pepper noodles! I made up this recipe after being inspired on pinterest. The measurements are not exact, and you can add/delete things to make it your own. Enjoy!



Ingredients:

1 packaged of pre-sliced/pre-washed mushrooms
2 shallots or 1 medium onion, diced
1 cup frozen chopped spinach
1 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup dry white wine
4 oz (half-container) mascarpone cheese
1 8oz package of lemon pepper pasta (use other noodles if you cannot find these and add lemon pepper seasoning or lemon juice/lemon zest/fresh pepper to the recipe)
1 or 2 zucchini squash, diced
1/2 garlic cloves, minced
1 package of sun-dried tomato chicken sausage, (basil pesto sausage and Chardonnay apple sausage are good in it too!- whatever you can find) cut into pieces (rounds)



Directions:

1. Boil water for pasta, and cook according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile add 1 T Olive to skillet. Add onions, garlic, and sausage. Cook for 5-10 minutes until onions are translucent. Add wine and  chicken broth and cook for 1 minute more.
3. Add zucchini and spinach to the mix (S&P to taste). Cook for 5 minutes more.
4. Add the mascarpone cheese to the mixture and stir until creamy. Stir in pasta and eat!

Quick, easy and yummy!


No comments:

Post a Comment